CAA has two categories of membership
- General members comprising
- Farmer groups and cooperatives,
- Traders and processors engaged in commercial agriculture activities
- Nominated members comprising
- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MOAC),
- Ministry of Local Development,
- District development committees of 11 project districts, and
- Agro Enterprise Center (AEC) of the FNCCI.
The commercial agricultural stakeholders must be engaged in agriculture-based production, processing or trading within the program districts of the region covered by the Company for at least two years with the motive of profit.
In the case of farmer cooperatives or groups
- They must have at least twenty-five active members. Such membership shall be demonstrated by reference to proceedings of its meetings or activities, or other formal written records.
- They must demonstrate sales of agricultural products of not less than Rs. 5, 00,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Rupees) in at least one of the two years immediately preceding their joining the Company as a Member.
In the case of traders or processors
- They must be constituted as legal entity or licensed pursuant to law to engage in commercial agriculture activities.
- They must demonstrate sales of agriculture products of not less than Rs. 5, 00,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Rupees) from the program districts in the year immediately preceding their joining the Company as a Member.